Faithful+Gould, is an international Project Management and Cost Consultancy services provider which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the well-renowned larger group, WS Atkins & Partners Overseas Company. As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Faithful+Gould are committed to excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine, innovation, collaboration and best practice. We are active in the Middle East and India for over 10 years with our regional headquarters in Dubai, and offices in Abu Dhabi, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. Our Middle East and India presence is complemented by our operations across Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and our 2,000 plus global staff.
We are currently looking for an experienced Project Controls Manager to form part of our Project Management Consultant (PMC) project team, based on a large defence and telecoms project in Riyadh. The main objective of the PMC is to implement and manage the overall Development Programme, which includes telecom & infrastructure enhancement works. The Project Controls Manager is responsible for the leadership, direction, management and performance of a project controls team and shall be expected to assist the Client in any way possible to ensure the project is completed to the required timescales and within their stated budgets. The project is expected to last for 18 months.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The project controls manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the Project Controls team
- Interface with the project management team and all key stakeholders.
- Manage the weekly and monthly progress report protocols / templates for progress reporting and monitoring progress against it.
- Manage the preparation of weekly and monthly progress reports/presentations for the client.
- Assisting in establishing / delivering formal reporting arrangements on project progress for the client and project.
- Prepare project advice for any site progress / planning concern that may impact site progress.
- Prepare and manage the daily escalation report for project managers.
- Overseeing the preparation of risk assessments and mitigation plans.
- Ensure and manage effective information and document transfer at all levels
- Establishing the document coding structure for all documents.
- Manage and develop the document control system and communication flow for the project.
- Ensure procurement, material and submittal logs are created and maintained.
- Manage and identify long lead items.
- Manage the consultant selection process for commercial and technical evaluation.
- Cost reporting (with data provided by others).
- Reviewing contract documents, suggesting changes for planning and programming aspects and the addition of new clauses if necessary.
- Manage the design, procurement and construction progress for compliance with contract requirements.
- Arrange and manage planning workshops/meetings to discuss and assist contractors / consultants to close their planning / project control issues.
- Manage the set-up of Primavera Project Management System P6v7
- Manage the preparation of the master programme for the project.
- Manage and review construction programmes received from contractors and analyse them in line with the contractual requirements.
- Preparing design programs for projects under design and guideline programs for projects to be started / under-progress.
- Making recommendations for possible acceleration.
- Challenge any claims and EOT requests.
- Establish and manage the permit approval system.
Rewards and Benefits:
- 22 days paid annual leave + KSA statutory holidays Life Assurance Scheme (based on 5 day working week)
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Personal accident cover
- Medical insurance
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants