Sales Representative - 132753
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2013, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #14 company in its annual “100 Best Corporate Citizens” list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com.
Job Purpose & Scope
Under specific direction of Sales of Branch Management, responsible for the sale of Johnson Controls Products & Services to primary decision makers focusing within end users and service providers (e.g. contractors, consultants), whilst building and maintaining long-term customer relationships and using company defined sales processes & tools.
· Promotes the Johnson Controls’ Building Efficiency value proposition to customers by understanding and linking the customer’s operational and business objectives, needs and requirements to Johnson Controls’ solutions in order to provide a total value solution and competitive advantage.
· Builds and manages long-term customer relationships/partnerships and responsible for customer satisfaction through executing the sales process.
· Seeks out, qualifies and closes new sales opportunities, with a specific focus on new business growth.
· Builds knowledge of competitor’s business strategies, products and services to favorably differentiate Johnson Controls from them.
· Creates under specific direction competitive, high quality and timely estimates, bids, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis, and impact to the customer’s business in order to close the sale.
· Under specific direction, negotiates terms & conditions that optimize Accounts Receivable (A/R) and ensures that Johnson Controls’ financial standards are fully adhered to.
· Keeps manager informed of changes in the marketplace and progress on customer status. Calls for assistance from manager to keep the sales process moving.
· Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively to plan and document progress as well as to increase business growth. Leverages Johnson Controls sales process to close sales quickly.
· Develops network of contacts, solicits support from and communicates effectively with the broader Johnson Controls organization to promote customer satisfaction whilst respecting Johnson Controls strategies, processes and tools. Refers leads to other business segments
· In addition to the above mentioned tasks, other activities and responsibilities may be individually defined.