Sales Executive - 129384
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2013, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #14 company in its annual “100 Best Corporate Citizens” list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com.
Important Comment :
- Sales Management at Branch level or for a Sub Area.
Job Purpose & Scope
· Responsibility for the financial performance of the branch sales team by setting
strategic goals and plans, which are consistent with overall business objectives.
· Develops and coaches the branch sales team to deliver the branch business plan
through the use of sales programs,methods and tools.
· Implements & maintains sales management best practices to set the standards
for excellent sales performance.
· Leads a team of sales individual contributors.
· Scope : S&S / Ind Ref – Geographical Scope : Branch / Sub area.
· Develops an annual sales plan & budget consistent with the BA and branch
business plan, e.g. branch profit, growth and marketing goals.
· Compiles and submits accurate and timely sales pipeline and forecast data that
allow effective business planning.
· Analyzes market opportunities, develops and implements strategies to maximize
margins while increasing market share.
· Compares actual current business performance to market opportunity size and
creates plans to close gap.
· Leads sales team to fully understand all Johnson Controls sales tools, processes
· Is responsible for the full regular and compliant use of Johnson Controls sales
tools, processes & methodologies.
· Provides sign off & final confirmation on new proposals and bids issued by Sales Representatives prior to customer presentation.
· Leads sales team to optimize terms & conditions that impact Accounts
Receivable (A/R) and assures full compliance with Johnson Controls’ financial
· Set clear, motivational goals to encourage the sales team to meet or exceed the
· Ensure that resources and core skill competencies are available and developed
that meet the requirements of the business both now and for future growth.
· Recruits, hires, and retains sales staff.
· Ensures performance management for sales staff, e.g. agree upon clear
performance expectations, deliver performance reviews and establish
development plans for direct reports teaming with the appropriate matrix
· Manage individual performance and implement changes when needed to
increase team effectiveness. Ensures a consistent level of coaching.
· Ensure effective communication channels are maintained with all staff.
· In addition to the above mentioned tasks, other activities and responsibilities may
be individually defined.