The Zone Manager holds the responsibility to provide excellence in leadership and direction for all facets of the location operation under administrative guidelines of the Construction Manager. The Location Manager is accountable for defining strategic project and financial goals, and for the locations profitability.
As part of the Senior Construction team, the incumbent also holds the responsibility to assist in the setting, implementing, monitoring, and reporting of all required management reports and KPIs for his Area in accordance to the program’s procedures.
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities: (Results this role is expected to accomplish)
- Lead an experienced team of Area Managers delivering contract commitments across multiple sites and regions.
- To communicate with the Client continuously regarding Project Progress and areas of concerns.
- Propose Project Management procedures to comply with Contract requirements and Client’s procedures.
- Establish and maintain specific project procedures for Design/Construction Supervision Management (as applicable).
- Prepare special report to Client Management to investigate any problem related to the Scope of Services and recommend solutions to Client Management.
- Attend Executive meetings and progress meetings.
- Monitor performance to assure successful delivery of the Key Performance Indicators and client contractual requirements.
- Advise the Client on any potential variation to the Design/Supervision Consultant and Contractor’s scope of work that may generate cost or time impact and present the Project Management’s assessment.
- Lead the Project Management staff in assessing variations, claims and reports, to Client the technical position of the proposed variation.
- Strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership in the coordination of people and resources.
- Oversee construction project management, quality control, engineering, execution and supervision of subcontractors.
- Specify project objectives and plans including delineation of scope, budgeting, scheduling and setting performance requirements.
- With PCS team and Area Management, ensure that detailed records of the progress of the works, the contractor`s construction equipment, labor deployment and material usage on a day-to-day basis are kept.
- Ensure that the inspection test plan & method statements for each and every activity are being followed to achieve the required quality.
- Investigating sites’ conditions and supporting Area Managers to determine any kind of obstacles for the proposed construction during the site taking over by the contractor.
- Advise the Client of any foreseen slippage of Progress and propose corrective actions.
- Review weekly and monthly reports as presented by Area Managers, Site staff, Technical Office, Project Control Office and Contractor, and present to the Client comments of non-compliance, and / or area of concern and corrective actions.
- React with the imported site informations in proper way and further justification