QNB Group, the biggest bank in Qatar, and a leading financial institution in the Middle East and Africa, is looking to hire a Officer Trade Finance Operations, to meet the requirements of the expansion of its office in QNB - Saudi Arabia//Riyadh.
QNB Group’s presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies now extends to more than 30 countries across 3 continents, providing a comprehensive range of products and services. The total number of staff is more than 27,300 operating from over 1200 locations.
The incumbent will perform tasks relating to guarantees in the most effective and efficient manner resulting in the highest level of customer service quality and ensuring that the related financial and operational risks are mitigated.
In addition the incumbent will process Import and Export Letters of Credit in accordance with international rules and regulations in a way that supports the business units and ensures a good working relationship with the Bank’s clients.
- Provide adequate and efficient transactions in relating to the Guarantees to internal customers and thereby help them serve external customers in a more efficient manner, resulting in increased external customer satisfaction levels.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with all the other related departments to achieve the Bank’s goals/ objectives.
- Process and handle domestic and international bank guarantees with strict compliance to Bank’s policies and procedures and International Chamber of Commerce rules.
- Process transactions for issuing of guarantees, amendment, cancellation, lodgment of claims and payment within the limit as per the credit policy.
- Handle Swifts/ Telexes of transactions relating to bank guarantees.
- Prepare periodical reports of issued and outstanding guarantees on behalf of customers, and Banks and report them to the Head of Guarantees & Bills for Collection.
- Liaise inside and outside the department in order to improve service quality and for Bank Guarantees services.
- Accurately process ordinary transactions relating to advising, amendment and cancellation of Import and Export Letters of Credit and ensure work accomplishment in strict compliance with International Chamber of Commerce Rules and Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Input transactions for advising, confirmation, amendment and cancellation of Import and Export Letters of Credit on a timely basis.
- Settle value of documents, sight, in same value dates ensuring full funding coverage with FX, Treasury and Credit Department to avoid loss due to delay of payment interest.
- Advise and add confirmation to certain export letters of credit that include special terms and conditions such as Oil and Gas transactions.
- Advice and request beneficiary bank to add their confirmation to certain import letters of credit at the request of the opener of the L/C.
- Prepare vouchers for commissions, charges and contingent liabilities.
- Deal with clients on routine operational issues for advising of Import and Export Letters of Credit and handling of documents. Dispatch export letters of credit and related documents to clients and Banks.
- Communicate with Banks by Swifts/ Telexes for transactions relating to Import and Export Letters of Credit.
- Receive/ Release negotiated documents from/ to correspondent Banks.
- Provide periodical reports of opened and outstanding Import and Export L/C to the Manager Trade Finance Operations for him to monitor the workflow.