Director of Construction (Centre of Excellence) - Saudi Arabia
Leading General Contracting Firm (Centre of Excellence)
Competitive Expatriate Salary Package + Benefits
Our client, a leading general contracting firm with regional MENA operations, seeks to appoint a Director of Construction to their firm to establish a centre of excellence whilst the firm undergoes structural and cultural change. The firm is seeking to reposition its capabilities and resources to that of a “world standard” hence change management is pivotal to executing this role. The firm employs 16,000 staff across the MENA region. The focus of this role is to streamline the project execution process to ensure greater efficiencies and delivery of projects as well as audit all current projects in progress. The project scope of projects is infrastructure, civil and building projects and current projects are valued at USD10B.
Reporting to the CEO and managing a very large project management team, the proven performer we seek for this dynamic and newly created position will comprise the following:
- Development, leadership and management of short and long term strategy lines to achieve goals and objectives for the firm which includes reviewing and revising group/ unit business strategies.
- Advisory to the CEO on utilisation of assets and resources as well as benchmark identification and measurement.
- Audit of all projects project by projects and recommendations thereafter.
- Implementation of policies and procedures to enable streamlining and measurement of execution of works.
- Resource planning and utilisation advisory for projects company wide.
- Setting, implementing and monitoring of project management methodologies, procedures and processes through direct coordination with all Project Directors to enable project execution is achieved on time, to budget and to quality standards with strong HSE performance.
- Managing companywide projects to enable maximum financial flow and minimum cost expenditures without compromising health, safety, environment and quality standards.
- Ensuring projects are meeting client satisfaction and tools and reporting aligned to ensure project measurement.
- Advisory on financial management for all construction projects.
- Management of project and companywide risk management, HSE, quality and safety standards.
- Change Management to ensure restructuring business objectives are achieved.