- Tier 1 Contracting Firm
- Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Competitive Expatriate Salary Package + Benefits
Our client, a leading Tier 1 general contracting firm with regional MENA operations, has secured numerous key commercial building projects and now seek to appoint a Director of Claims for their Saudi operations. This role will be responsible for all claims for projects currently or destined for Riyadh, Medina and Jeddah. This role is responsible for directing quantitative delay analysis, forensic analysis and claims as well as leading large teams ensuring efficient work flow. This role centres on construction claims management, cost outcome projection and strategic claims advice.
Reporting to the CEO and managing a contracts and claims team, the proven performer we seek for this exceptional opportunity will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the process of identifying, investigating and compiling of complex delay claims, acceleration, disruption and breaches of contract.
- Have a sound understanding of the calculation of quantum of damages and have the ability to perform delay analysis.
- Negotiate contracts and manage all aspects of risk and commercial exposure at both pre and post contract stages.
- Manage dispute resolution and costing activities and ensure that any disputes are resolved efficiently.
- Manage costing and payment positions, protecting company financial performance and cash flow.
- Responsible for maintaining long term working relationship with clients by ensuring that the best services within quality and cost is achieved.
- Contract management and administration, particularly on breaches of contract terms.
- Monitoring and managing bonds and insurances.
- Budget and cost control – oversight of the ‘master budget’ and constituent project budgets.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in respect of international contracts requirements as applicable to large scale construction contracts.
- Lead complex commercial negotiations or dispute resolution processes.
- Provide commercial assurance through forecasting, project review as required and identification of issues giving rise to commercial risk.