In summary, as a Buyer, you will monitor supplier activities and deliveries and supports suppliers in ensuring delivery is on-time and material reaches production just in time. Purchase materials according to required technical specification, price, delivery schedule and terms. You will ensure purchasing activities align with corporate purchasing policies and procedures. Follows-up on the confirmations, updates the information system, controls the inventories.
Furthermore, as a Buyer you will be responsible for:
- Identifying new suppliers in cooperation with relevant category team.
- Qualifying new suppliers in cooperation with Supplier Quality and engineering specialists.
- Negotiating agreements with main suppliers, and periodically renews pricelists, terms and conditions.
- Adapting corporate contractual framework to the local business needs.
- Recommending frame agreements to management, and executes upon approval.
- Analyzing and evaluating bids in order to determine the optimal value
- Tracking goods received to verify appropriate delivery and ensure invoice processing.
- Overseeing supplier performance (on time delivery, quality, lead time), and resolves performance issues.
- Initiating supply orders in the system, confirms delivery with suppliers, monitors and tracks supplier performance to purchase order requirements.
- Aligning supplier orders with customer requirements (based on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)/project requirements) in terms of content, quality, delivery, sustainability and price.
- Conducting all Supply Chain activities for all goods and services in accordance with policies and procedures. Ensures Pro-Supply global supplier relationship management platform is kept updated as defined in Pro-Supply procedure.
- Supporting bid and proposal teams by providing relevant market information.